Jon’s current areas of practice are primarily: 1) transactions involving commercial property transfers; 2) Trial litigation involving claims based on personal injury, commercial disputes, or consumer rip-offs; and 3) representation at the Office of Commissioner of Political Practices on issues of campaign finance or campaign practices.
- Granada, Minn. H. S., 1965
- University of Minnesota, B.S., 1970
- University of Montana, M.S. Environmental Sciences (thesis lacking)
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D. 1975
- State of Minnesota (inactive) 1976
- State of Montana, 1980
- Montana Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court of Montana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Selected Awards, Achievements and Accomplishments
- Tried, over twenty 12 person civil jury trials to verdict in district court
- Drafted, 8 citizen initiatives in Montana
- Elected as Associate of the Montana Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, Montana Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, State Bar of Montana
- Member, 1st Judicial Bar Association, MT
- Board Member (emeritous), Montana Justice Foundation
- Bush Leadership Fellow, Bush Foundation, Mpls, Minn.
- Pro-Bono Excellence, 1st Judicial Bar, Mt.
- Every Award, Environmental Studies Program, Univ. of Mt.
- Merit Award, MinnesotaPIRG
- Environmental Advocacy, Montana Wilderness Association
- Service Award, Montana Justice Foundation
- Staff Aide to Ralph Nader
- National Governing Board, Common Cause
- Instructor, Green Corps
- Organizer Trainer, Fund for Public Interest
- Board Positions in Montana citizen groups